‘Skip to main content’ links are available across our website. This allows anyone using a screen reader to move directly to the page content, without waiting for the screen reader to go through the navigation each time.
Keyboard users, or anyone not able to use a mouse/pointing device, can also use these links to skip the navigation without tabbing through each item.
These links can also be triggered by access keys (see below).
The following access keys provide a way to navigate and access certain features of the site without a mouse.
1 – Home
2 – Skip navigation
3 – Toggle increased contrast mode
4 – Search (open and focus cursor)
5 – What’s On
6 – Your Visit
7 – Shop
Different web browsers have slightly different ways of using the access keys:
- Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox – hold down Ctrl and press access key number
- Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge – hold down Alt and press access key number
Click the ‘Increase contrast’ button in the footer of each page or through the access key (above) to create more contrast between foreground and background elements.
Increasing text size
Most browsers use the following shortcuts to increase or decrease text size to aid readability:
- Windows PC – Ctrl and + (plus) keys to increase text
- Mac OSX – Cmd and + (plus) keys to increase text
- Windows PC – Ctrl and – (minus) keys to increase text
- Mac OSX – Cmd and – (minus) keys to increase text
Browser specific instructions can be found here:
Access to and within the Gallery