Available until 10 March 2023
This workshop is inspired by our current exhibition Bringing the Beat Back to Bradford. The exhibition looks back on the history of the iconic building previously known as the New Victoria, the Gaumont, and Bradford Odeon.
The workshop will take pupils back in time to find out how the building was used as a dancehall, bingo hall, cinema and much more.
Our Learning Manager will introduce pupils to the exhibition and 70 year history of the venue, highlighting the memories, photographs and memorabilia of local people who have contributed to the exhibition. Pupils will then go on a journey around the exhibition, solving puzzles in our Gallery Trail worksheet. In the final part of the workshop, pupils will create their own music or film poster inspired by some of the memorabilia submitted by local people.
Curriculum areas: Photography, Art and Design, English, History
Pupils will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the exhibition.
- Learn about a significant building in Bradford, and its history
- Make enquiries and develop interpretation.
- Get creative and develop their own artwork
- Workshop cost £120+VAT.
- Special price for Artsmark schools of £96+VAT (20% discount).
- The session time is 2 hours long.
- Maximum 35 students per session.
- Where possible, please book at least two weeks in advance.
To book call Jennifer Sobol, Learning Manager on 01274 737843 or email email@example.com