UPDATE: The gallery is temporarily closed in line with national restrictions. We hope to reopen on 2 December 2020, subject to future government announcements. Please check back for further updates ahead of planning a visit.
Welcome back to the gallery and our new exhibition Seedscapes: Future-Proofing Nature.
We have made some changes that put your safety, as well as the safety of our staff team, first. Below you can find information on what you need to know before you visit, and what to expect when you arrive at the gallery.
These safety measures are in line with current government guidance, and we have been awarded We’re Good to Go status from Visit Britain for the systems we have in place:
• From November 2020 we are open three days a week, Thursday to Saturday 11am to 5pm. This is with consideration for the Local COVID Alert Level (Very High / Tier 3) and to allow time for the enhanced cleaning of all public areas.
• To help everyone enjoy the gallery, we have a dedicated visiting period for vulnerable visitors every Thursday 11am to 1pm.
• You don’t need to book a ticket to visit, however we will be limiting the number of visitors inside the venue at any one time.
• When you visit, you will need to wear a face covering to protect you and those around you.
• We will be asking for the contact details of all visitors to the gallery. These will be kept for 21 days and only shared with NHS Track and Trace in the event of a visitor or member of the team testing positive for COVID-19.
• We ask that everyone keep 2m social distance from others, uses the hand sanitiser provided and follows the clearly marked one-way routes.
• Our Bookshop is open and we will only accept card and contactless payments to minimise touchpoints.
• Our toilets are closed.
• Members of our friendly staff team will be on hand to manage the flow of visitors and to provide any information or support you need.
• Most importantly if you or anyone else you live with displays symptoms associated with COVID-19 please postpone your visit and stay at home.